HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday – Saturday : 9am to 7pm (LAST CALL for RANGE TIME at 5:45pm)
- Sunday : 10am – 4pm (LAST CALL for RANGE TIME at 2:45pm)
Q: Do you buy and sell used guns?
- Yes, we do buy and sell used guns on a case by case basis. We have an extensive collection of pre-owned firearms for purchase. Ask us about our consignment and trade-in options.
Q: Can you special order a firearm for me?
- Yes! If we don’t have what you are looking for in-house we are happy to custom order it for you.
Q: Do you offer layaways?
- Yes, with a 25% non-refundable deposit we can hold your firearm for up to 60 days.
Q: Do you do firearm (FFL) and NFA transfers?
- Yes, we do FFL transfers. Fees for firearm transfers are $25 for members and $50 for non-members per item.
- No, we do not do NFA transfers at this time.
GUNS & AMMO
Q: What calibers and ammunition may I shoot?
- You may shoot ALL pistol calibers.
- You may shoot all rifle calibers up to but not including 50BMG.
- You may shoot slug only shotgun loads in any gauge.
- You may shoot .177 or .22 lead pellets (no steel BBs)
- No Muzzle Loader firearms.
- All ammunition must be lead.
- No steel-core or steel-shot, No tracers, No armor-piercing, No Black Powder.
Q: May I “double tap” or rapid fire shoot my semi-automatic?
- Yes. However, the RSO has the discretion to restrict the pace of fire should they deem the conditions be unsafe or the shooter is unable to stay on target and thus injure/damage the facility and equipment.
Q: May I “bump fire” my semiautomatic?
- No bumpfire and or slide fire type stocks allowed-only controlled rapid fire is allowed.
Q: What are the age restrictions?
- Minimum shooting age is 8 years.
- Shooters 10-18 years of age must be supervised by a Parent or Legal Guardian.
- Minors may shoot with and be supervised by a friend or non-guardian after the Parent or Legal Guardian completes the waiver which includes the NAME & Photo ID# of those individuals “authorized” to escort the minor.
- Minors under the age of 10 may enter the range, but must have “constant” adult supervision and must be able to properly wear eye and hearing protection.
Q: May my 19 year old bring their own pistol?
- Yes, 18 – 21 year olds may bring their own pistol(s) and ammunition. Federal Law prohibits Howell’s from renting or selling handguns or handgun ammunition to anyone under 21.
Q: Are there age limitations for renting a firearm?
- You must be 21 to rent handguns or suppressors.
- You must be 18 to rent rifles or shotguns.
ALL LANES ARE RESTRICTED TO TWO SHOOTERS
Q: What are the reservation policies for Members?
- Members may schedule 14 days in advance by phone
- Members may schedule 2 lanes for 1 hour (7 days/week)
- Members may schedule 1 lane for 2 hours (7 days/week)
- RESTRICTIONS: If you need more than 4 lanes on any given day please contact Management for approval.
Q: What are the reservation policies for Non-Members?
- Walk-ins are welcome though only members are able to reserve in advance. Have a large group? Consider booking a special event!
Q: Do you host special events?
- If there are 6+ Non-Member shooters, the reservation is considered a “special event” and must be scheduled by a manager in advance of desired date.
- There are some exceptions for non-members who need to make advanced reservations. These are also considered “special events” and require management approval. If you have a birthday, bachelor/bachelorette party or a special family event or cooperate event, please call our Events Coordinator at 207-657-2324 or email email@example.com
Q: Can I bring a friend?
- Yes! Members – see your benefits package to find out how many guest passes you have per year.
- The fee for Non-members per one (1) guest sharing a lane is $10 for that one (1) guest.
Q: Can I transfer my membership to someone else or let someone use mine?
- Memberships are nontransferable and only usable by member.
Q: Am I allowed to take pictures or videos?
- Yes, private use of cameras is allowed in YOUR LANE of the range only.
- HOWEVER, we restrict filming or photos to you and members of your party for your personal use.
- We do NOT authorize the filming or photography of other guests and DO NOT authorize filming in the retail store or other areas outside of the range.
Q: Can I pick my brass?
- You are welcome to pick up your brass but not the brass of other shooters.
- Please let the RSO know at the beginning of your sessions that you would like to collect your brass (This will let the RSO know not to sweep your brass away).
- Only brass that has fallen within and behind your bay can be collected.
- NO brass that has fallen forward of the RED line may be collected.
Q: Do you have a dress code?
- Yes, we have dress standards for safety precautions.
- Flip-flops, sandals or open footwear of any kind are prohibited.
- Tank tops and low-cut tops are prohibited.
SAFETY & RANGE POLICIES
Q: What Safety precautions are taken at Howell’s?
- A Range Safety Officer is in the range at all times.
- Everyone is required to watch a Safety Video.
- All shooters are expected to follow the Range Safety Rules.
- We take safety seriously. If the RSO sees any unsafe behavior, they will first warn and educate the shooter. If the unsafe behavior repeats or a new violation occurs, the shooter will be asked to leave the range for a safety conference with the RSO. We will attempt to educate the shooter because we believe everyone can learn and become a safe shooter to enjoy the sport.
- SAFETY is paramount, there are some violations which are so egregious; a person could be ejected from the range permanently.
Q: Are there Restrictions on Foreign Nationals?
- Yes, please see the summary below.
FOREIGN NATIONALS: Persons from the following countries may shoot at Howell’s:
Andorra, Australia, Austria
Bermuda, Belgium, Brunei
Canada, Chile, Czech Republic
Iceland, Ireland, Italy
Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg
Mexico, Malta, Monaco
Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway
San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
If you are NOT on this list above, you must qualify under the following rules:
- Possess a hunting license or permit
- Admitted for lawful hunting or sporting purposes
- An official representative of a foreign government
- An official of a foreign government or are designated as a distinguished foreign visitor
- A foreign law enforcement officer
- Has a waiver issued by the US Attorney General
Q: Do you rent eye and hearing protection?
- No, for the health safety of our clients we do not rent eye or hearing protection. We do offer a range of eye and hearing protection for sale at our rental counter and through out the store.
Q: I have a concealed carry permit; may I carry inside Howell’s?
- Yes, we require that ALL concealed firearms remain holstered and in your possession inside our facility.
- We require that ALL other firearms be unloaded and cased until the shooter is “inside” the shooting booth.
- No one may handle their own firearms “uncased” or “un-holstered” behind the firing line or in our retail store.
Q: I have a felony on my record, may I shoot at your club?
- No, Howell’s complies with State and Federal Laws, every shooter must attest to the following: I am legally allowed to possess a firearm in the United States. I am not currently the subject of a criminal or civil restraining order. I have never been convicted of a felony as an adult or juvenile. I am not a fugitive from justice. I am not an unlawful user of, or addicted to any controlled substance. I have never been adjudicated in a court of law, as incompetent to manage my own affairs. I have never been discharged from the United States armed forces under dishonorable conditions. I am a citizen of or legally in the United States.
Q: I have a medical marijuana card, may I shoot at your club?
- Your safety and the safety of everyone is the primary factor in this issue. Marijuana no different than any other substance which may impair your ability to be safe. If you appear to be impaired or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including ANY prescription medication, you will be evaluated by the RSO and may be asked to leave the range.
Q: Can I draw from a holster in the range?
- Yes, Members who have attended a Membership Orientation and completed the Holster Qualification 30-min program are welcome to draw from a holster. Membership ID cards will be marked by a member of management and/or RSO to ID holster-quall’d status.
- Non- Members are not allowed to draw from a holster.
- If the Range Safety Officer observers any unsafe behavior on your part, you might be required to re-qualify.