NRA Basic Pistol Instructor (BPI)
COURSE FEE – $250
This is a 2 day course and includes classroom and range time learning how to teach shooting revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Instructor Candidates learn how to teach NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, Instructor Manual, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Instructor Shooting Examination, and course completion certificate.
To qualify as an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor:
- You must have completed the 6 hour NRA Basic Instructor Training Course within the last two years.
- Candidates must possess and demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills acquired through previous firearm training and/or previous shooting experience. Instructor candidates must be intimately familiar with each action type in the discipline they wish to be certified.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate solid and safe firearms handling skills required to be successful during an instructor training course by completing pre-course questionnaires and qualification exercises administered by the NRA Appointed Training Counselor.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete an NRA Instructor Training Course in the discipline they wish to teach (e.g., NRA Basic Pistol Course), and receive the endorsement of the NRA Training Counselor conducting that training.
- Pass the Pistol Prequalification shooting qualification Pistol PreQual.pdf which we will do during class.
- Fill out the PreCourse-Questionnaire.pdf
PLEASE NOTE: Certs are issued by the NRA training department, therefore there is also additional certification and processing fees payable to the NRA.
What you will need for this class:
- Semiautomatic handgun or revolver
- 200 Rounds of Factory Ammunition – no reloads
- Eye & Ear protection
- Notepad & pen
- A Positive Attitude
DAY 1 – Class starts at 9am and ends at 5pm
DAY 2 – Class starts at 9am and ends at 3pm
EVENT REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Course Transfer: With 72-hour advance notice of event date we will issue a unique re-registration code for course transfers.
Cancellation Refund: Refunds for 75% balance of event fee, if no transfer is possible, are issued in the form of store gift cards only but ONLY if we are notified of the cancellation up to 72 hours in advance of event date.
No-Call/No-Show: Participants who do not show to the event without prior 72-hour notice forfeit their total registration fees.