- This event has passed.
October 24 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
HOWELL’S GUNSLINGER MATCH
JOIN US THURSDAY’S : 4pm – 6:30pm
Howell’s Gun Shop is pleased to present the Howell’s Gunslinger Match!
An iron sights only pistol match designed to be safe, fun and challenging! Stages change weekly and can include: safe movement with barricades, strong and support hand shooting, steel plates, low light, moving targets, bowling pin shoots, accuracy exercises & speed exercises and more! Put your skills to the test!
Howell’s Gunslinger Match is open to the not-so-beginner shooter who can safely handle and shoot their handgun. While we don’t recommend this event as your very first shooting experience we do encourage shooters of all skill levels to come and experience this friendly competition.
TIME & ROSTER:
- Thursday, 4:00pm – 6:30pm
- Walk-ins welcome! This is NOT a pre-registration event. Roster of shooters is based on a first come first serve basis.
- Our matches are designed to take roughly 5-10 minutes for each shooter. Each participant shoots the match twice in a row, their top score out of the two is entered into the competitor pool.
- Eye & Hearing Protection
- Range appropriate attire
- Centerfire pistol
- 50 Rounds of factory FMJ ball ammo
- Minimum of 3 magazines (To save time for shooting we strongly recommend coming with 3 mags preloaded with 8 rounds each.)
- Match may or may not involve shooting on the move: Gun belt, Mag Pouches, Strong side outside the waistband (OWB) holster. (For safety reasons bra holsters, soft side collapsible holsters, cross draw, serpa, ankle, off body and behind-the-back posters are NOT allowed during live-fire portion of course. Contact us with questions.)
- A good attitude!
- All participants must sign in on the group event waiver.
- Professional behavior is expected at all times.
- We run a COLD range. This means – all guns are unloaded and cased until it is your designated time to load and make ready per the RSO’s direction.
- Safety rules and stage protocol will be briefed prior to the match and strictly enforced.
- All shooting is conducted under the supervision of Howell’s certified Range Safety Officers and staff.
RULES & ETIQUETTE:
- Order of waiver sign in represents order of shooters.
- Each shooter will shoot match twice per event.
- Participants are expected to help tape or reset targets between shooters.
- There is NO filming of other shooters without their expressed permission.
- Howell’s prefers to keep our scoring simple: Any shot that breaks the line is considered a hit and scored according to the target in use.
- Howell’s RSO in charge has the final say on the scoring.
- Tie breakers are a very real possibility and a bullseye shoot off will determine the winner.
- All scores will be logged.
EVENTS HELD WEEKLY!
EVENT REGISTRATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Course Transfer: With 72-hour advance notice of event date we will issue a unique re-registration code for course transfers.
Cancellation Refund: Refunds for 75% balance of event fee, if no transfer is possible, are issued in the form of store gift cards only but ONLY if we are notified of the cancelation up to 72-hours in advance of event date.
No-Call/No-Show: Participants who do not show to the event without prior 72-hour notice forfeit their total registration fees.
NOTE: REGISTRATIONS CLOSE 3 DAYS PRIOR TO EVENT. PLEASE REGISTER IN-STORE OR ONLINE TO GUARANTEE YOUR SEAT IN CLASS!