- This event has passed.
Howell’s Gunslinger Match
August 2 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Howell’s Gun Shop is pleased to present the Howell’s Gunslinger Match!
An iron sights only pistol match designed to be safe, fun and challenging! Stages change weekly and can include: safe movement with barricades, strong and support hand shooting, steel plates, low light, moving targets and more! Put your skills to the test for either a personal best or to win the weekly Top Shot cash prize and some serious bragging rights!
Howell’s Gunslinger Match is open to the not-so-beginner shooter who can safely handle and shoot their handgun. While we don’t recommend this event as your very first shooting experience we DO encourage shooters of all skill levels to come and experience this friendly competition.
Thursday 4:00pm – 6:00pm Max Enrollment 10 participants
Thursday 6:00pm – 8:00pm Max Enrollment 10 participants
$20 (Members receive their 10%+ discount)
$5 of the $20 event fee for each participant of that event goes into the pot.
Shooter with the top score of both of the evenings events wins however much cash is in the pot!
- Eye & Hearing Protection
- Range appropriate attire
- Centerfire pistol with IRON SIGHTS only
- 50 Rounds of factory FMJ ball ammo
- Minimum of 3 magazines (To save time for shooting we strongly recommend coming with 3 mags preloaded with 8 rounds each.)
- Gun belt, Mag Pouches, Strong side outside the waistband (OWB) holster. (For safety reasons bra holsters, soft side collapsible holsters, cross draw, serpa, ankle, off body and behind-the-back posters are NOT allowed during live-fire portion of course. Contact us with questions.)
- A good attitude
- All participants must sign in on the group event waiver.
- Professional behavior is expected at all times.
- We run a COLD range. This means – all guns are unloaded and cased until it is your designated time to load and make ready per the RSO’s direction.
- Safety rules and stage protocol will be briefed prior to the match and strictly enforced.
- All shooting is conducted under the supervision of Howell’s certified Range Safety Officers and staff.
RULES & ETIQUETTE:
- Order of waiver sign in represents order of shooters.
- Each shooter will shoot match and opportunity to shoot the match twice per event.
- Participants are expected to help tape and reset targets between shooters.
- There is NO filming of other shooters without their expressed permission.
- Howell’s prefers to keep our scoring simple: Any shot that breaks the line is considered a miss and scored according to the target in use.
- Howell’s RSO in charge has the final say on the scoring.
- Tie breakers are a very real possibility and a bullseye shoot off will determine the winner.
- All scores will be logged.
- Shooter’s best score of their two runs is entered for Top Shot cash prize. Highest Score of the event wins.
TOP SHOT CASH PRIZE:
- $5 of the $20 event fee for each participant of that event goes into the pot.
- Shooter with the top score of both of the evenings events wins however much cash is in the pot!
- Shooters can take the prize winnings in cash or for store credit.